What should normal blood pressure be ?

I am Mohammad Jasim Akhtar 32 years male old first time Today i check My BP 125/94, is it Normal?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jul 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
It is normal .
Please have a regular checkup so that you can detect the disease in early stages.
You should have some exercise like running or jogging in your daily routine to avoid the risk of diseases like BP , Diabetes , COrnary heart disease.
If you need more information feel free to mail me.
General & Family Physician Dr. Rajeshkant Saihgal's  Response
no,it is not normal.
the lower reading should be 90 or less.
but you should not start any medicine with first reading.
get periodical monitoring of BP. IF IT COMES always high,then you would have to start medicine.
but meanwhile you reduce intake of salt ,high calorie diet & oily things in your diet.
try to maintain ideal body weight.
have regular body exercise 45 minutes a day for 4 to 5 days a week.
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
hI Mr Akhtar,
Welcome to HCM
read your prob, 125/94 is moderatly raised BP. so do not worry, take salt restricted diet.n plenty of liquid. first you should rule out the cause of it by getting some blood test like CBC , blood urea. serum creatinin, lipid profile. as cuuses of high BP may be due to familier , anxity, or some underlaying pathology. discuss with your doc n start proper treatment.
Dr aseem 9982583020