What should be the BP level for a 53 year old man ?

How bad is blood pressure 180/110 for a 53 year old man? what is considered a good blood pressure for a 53 year old man ?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009

Any blood pressure over 120/80 abnormal. Confirmation needs by readings. But you blood pressure is far high; you need immediate medication to prevent stroke, heart attack and kidney failure.

Dr. Jagdish
Hi i'm a 53 year man that has a blood pressure of 132 / 85 is that to high.
I'm 6'1 198 lbs. and work out about 2 to 3 times a week.
The normal blood pressure is 120/80 as said by WHO but it also depends in each person. For example a person can have 90/70 normal blood pressure depending on his size and weight but most people has a 120/80 blood pressure. In your case 180/110 on a middle aged man is very high. I would suggest that you consult that with a doctor because it is a classic sign of hypertension. Remember hypertension is also known as the silent killer and can lead to certain complications like artherosclerosis and angina. So as early as now, you should colaborate it with you health care physician.