What precautions should be taken for an IV patient ?

helo sir, i want to knw abt wht kind of major prevention should be take foe i.v patient
Asked On : Sat, 11 Feb 2012
Dear Mr Kunal

For a patient with I.V line it is necessary to look for the dosage of the drug which is given and the duration should be maintained as per the doctors instructions. When the IV line is not in use special precaution should be taken to see if the cap is properly fitted....

General & Family Physician Dr. Namitha's  Response
It would have been great if your question had more details. If you meant intravenous injections- for this it must be ensured that the patient should have an IV cannula for a long duration, as the risk of infections can be high. Please let me know what kind of injections are being used. Hope this helps
General & Family Physician Dr. Ashwini Kolur's  Response
Hello , i will try to help you
Do you mean HIV patient ?
Considering that you are asking about HIV i will give you few advice's how it is transmitted.
HIV is not transmitted from contact, sharing things,mosquito bite or by kissing, but it transmitted by sexual intercourse or any needle prick injuries where blood of the patient comes in contact with any wounds on your body which is devoid of its epithelial layer .
Hope my advice will help you to prevent any accidental transmission.