What it the treatment for small outgrowth on the anus ?

I had little blood in my anus . after that it never came. But recently i found a small growth in my anus. is it piles? Do i need surgery or any medicines or any food habits to control and overcome piles? please help.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Feb 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello. Welcome to HCM.
Infrequent bleeding per anus has many causes ranging from minor skin tags to tumours.The best approach is decided by a person's age and presence of other symptoms, dietary and bowel habits. So initially, you must have an endoscopic examination to decide whether it is actually piles or some other cause as a rectal ulcer, etc. It is a nowadays a minor and safe procedure.
If along with bleeding, you are constipated, you need to improve your dietary habits by increasing intake of fibre.
If it is actually piles, there are a variety of treatment options like sclerosis, banding, excision which are decided as individual case. So, you must get examined by a gastroenterologist

General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi subash welcome to H.C.M.Forum. because it is pain less posibility is towards piles only. it is just starting so don't worry . you should drink plenty of water, eat leafy vegitables frequently.if it is found frequently consult a surgeon then also you have a choice of using medicines avoiding surgery. best of luck.