What is your advice on my readings?

i just took my blood pressure and it was 166/93 and my heartbeat was 112 bps whats the advice?
Asked On : Wed, 22 Jun 2011
i would like to know ur age..
but on this scenario i will advise u to have a go through in emergency near ur home.. as one cannot prescribe u medication without checkup.
wat u can do on ur behalf is to message ur neck area under the ear ...

Cardiologist, Interventional Dr. Raja Sekhar Varma's  Response
Your BP is high.
You need to recheck your BP following standard procedures/precautions.
If consistently high, you need some blood and urine tests, ECG, echo,etc after a detailed clinical evaluation by a physician trained in the management of hypertension.
The treatment will depend on the results of the tests and the clinical impression.
For a beginning, try reducing salt intake, drinking adequate amount of water, fruit and vegetable rich, low-fat diet, stopping smoking, moderation of alcohol intake and regular walking for 30 minutes/day..........Some drugs are needed for the majority of patients to keep their BP under control
I am 24yrold male