What is this red string looking like floss that appeared in urine ?

I m a 16 year old male who has never have sex or any other kind of sex before This morning when i peed, a red string that almost looks like floss shot out. It s about a little bigger than an inch and it looks bright red. No blood came along with it just the string. It wasn t from my clothing because i wasn t wearing any clothes. it didn t hurt and my penis doesn t hurt at all. I am really freaked out about it what is it?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012
Urologist 's  Response
I suggest you get a few tests done.
The kind of symptom that you described is generally suggestive of a bleeding from the upper urinary tract, and when this bleeding stops and forms a clot and come down the ureters (which are hollow tubes which drain the urine from the kidneys to the urinary bladder) this kind of a worm like stringy clot comes out.
Ideally you should have at least a complete urine examination, an ultrasound of your kidneys and bladder, and we can take it from there. You might require a CT scan depending on what are the findings on these initial investigations.
Hope I have been able to help you.