What is the reason for my husband to lose interest in sex ?

Hi Doctor I married 4 years with 1 child . My husband say no interest in sex with me since I pregnant till now. He said he still love me but no interest of having sex and never thinking want to have sex. My husband only 35 years old , 170 cm height and about 76 kg. He is a smoker since 17 years old about 20 cigrates a day. Pls kindly advise. Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 4 Aug 2011
hi welcome to health care magic.see there are many reason for loss of libido like stress,exhausted from work,if he drink then drink also decrease the desire.see its not that always man begins but some time begining from your side by doing massage ,make him feel relaxing. you should concern any sexologist which may help you in your problem.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello winnie;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The common causes for loss of interest in sex for a man can be work pressure;mental stress due to job issues;financial problems;family problems;alcoholism and even infidelity.If your husband has a normal behavior and is happy with you then the main cause can be stress.Please talk to him and try to find the reason.If he does not or is unable to discuss with you get him to consult a Psychologist.