What is the correct treatment for constipation after colitis ?

In year 2007 i had a colitis since then i had problem of constipation ,usually hard stool, gas,acitidy ,indigation ,now for last few days i had problem of burning sensation /pain during bowel movement ,my doctor suspects it is internal piles but there is no bleeding. doctor advices me ointment- SHIELD TWICE DAILY AND go for FLEXIBLE SIGMOIDOSCOPY. BUT LAST YEAR ANOTHER DOCTOR ADVICE ME FOR COLONOSCOPY. I AM CONFUSED WHICH TEST I SHOULD GO FOR IT.SIGMOIDOSCOPY OR COLONOSCOPY or ANY OTHER SUGGESTION U WANT TO GIVE.PLS ADVICE Nitin ,age-34 yrs ,male ,residence- gurgaon ,india
Asked On : Tue, 24 May 2011