What is the cause of swelling on the leg with itchy bumps ?

I had a few bumps on my inner thigh two nights ago. Last night, I scratched it in my sleep and it has spread all over my right, upper, inner thigh which now is extremely swollen in that area. The skin feels very tight and is a little painful. It also has spread to my right butt cheek . I am really worried. Why is my upper leg swollen? It itches like crazy.
Asked On : Thu, 12 Apr 2012
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
hAI, yOU MAY LIKELY TO HAVE Tinia infection. It is type of skin fungus( dermatophyte) with secondary infection due to scratch. It can be cured easily with appropriate antifungal creams and antifungal antibiotics by oral route along with antibiotics for secondary infections. Get consult a dermatologist. HE WILL GUIDE YOU. Get well soon. DR SM