What is the cause of recurring welts on the body of a 2 year old ?

Hi, my two year old grand-daughter has woke in the morning with welts all over her body, before my the daughter could get her to a doctor they would be gone. This has happened several times in the last three months, always after awakening from a nap or in the morning. This past week-end, she got them and they didn t go away, she awoke this morning and her eyes were almost swolen shut. Her doctor says food alergies, but she eats very little and not at all when his happens to her. Any ideas ?
Asked On : Fri, 10 Feb 2012