What is the cause for me to get chest pain which is painful while breathing ?

Hi there, Every once in a while I will have extreme pain in the left side of my chest as if it is coming from my heart . The first time I remember it happening was maybe a little over 2 years ago. I used to think maybe it is growing pains but now I doubt it; I am 20 years old. The pain lasts no more than 5 minutes and while it is happening if I slowly breath it does not hurt as much but when I breath like i normally would it is very painful. thanks!
Asked On : Sun, 17 Apr 2011