What is the cause for left side chest pain that radiates to the back ?

hello..this is about my father. he is 54 years old. he is having so much pain on left side below his heart .that pain radiates in straight line from below heart to till back.he also coughs.he don t feel like eating .he is diabetic.he is having shortness of breath . we checked him up with many doctors but no one could cure him.its been 4 months now. we took his x-rays and ct-scans too but it shows nothing.can anyone please explain what could be reason and what should we do about it?thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 8 May 2011