What is a congenital anomaly scan and why is it performed ?

hai, now i am in 6 7th month my stomatch development is good but i want to know my babies brine development my doctor advice me to take a scane of conginetal now it is possible or not please give me ur suggestion i am pregnant in 7th month my babies development and movement is good my weight is 55kg hb level is 10.2mg my babies heart beat is very good but i had a dout about my babies brine doctor told me to take a conginetal scane in chennai but i am in tindivanam what i want means if any scane senters in pondicherry please informe me.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Apr 2011
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Ideally fetal anamoly scan should be done at 18-20 weeks of pregnancy;if you have not done it then get it done now.It will give you idea of brain development of your baby also.Please ask your doctor to advise the best place close by to your house where you can get it done.