What is Panderm plus cream?

what is panderm plus cream?does it clear the black marks on face?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jul 2011
Panderm plus cream contains ofloxacin, ornidazole(antibacterials), terbinafine(antifungal) and clobetasol( very potent steroid). As you can see, its basically a multiple combination cream containing antibacterial, antifungal and steroid to control inflammation. These multiple combination creams have very few specific indications but are misused very commonly as over the counter treatment for fungal, bacterial infections, acne and pigmentation. These creams would harm more than benefitting in any of the conditions mentioned above. These should never be used to clear pigmentation or acne over the face. Take care.
Dr Kalpana.

11 users find this helpful

Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Hi!,

The treatment of blemishes depends upon what is the cause of pigmentation and where exactly it is located.
There are various preparations available ,like tretinoin cream,hydroquinone cream ,kojic acid etc.This should be used at night ,and a sunscreen in the daytime.But these are creams which should be prescribed by a dermatologist only ,so kindly consult a dermatologist for proper treatment.
regards,
Dr.Bharat Chawda

4 users find this helpful

then what i have to use for my blamishes.
Hi!,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,

Panderm plus cream contains nystatin which is anti fungal .It has nothing to do with pigmentation .There are other good creams available for pigmentation on face ,but that would depend on what is the cause of pigmentation and the diagnosis.

regards,
Dr.Bharat Chawda

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.