What happens in high GGT level ?

Hi I had some lab work done. My glutamyltransferase came back high. What is glutamyltransferase. What problems can this cause?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Jun 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Glutamyl transferrase is a liver enzyme. It is known to be high in hte blood following damage to the liver cells. It could result from many possibel causes but commonly after a bout of alcohol/chronic intake. You will need to quit drinking alcohol and smoking if you are engaging in these activities as they both are very dangerous. Kindly speak to your Doctor in this regard.