What does my ultra-sonogram report for ankle swelling indicate ? What treatment should I undertake to reduce ankle swelling ?

The Ultra- sonogram Report of Right ankle states - The Swelling in the medial aspect of the right ankle is cystic in nature.The swelling is compressible indicates venous channel.Color Doppler study shows blood flow within the swelling,but no thrombus noted. What does this mean ? And what shall i do ?
Asked On : Fri, 10 Jun 2011
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
welcome to hcm
the cyst is a harmless sac like structure which is sometimes filled with a fluid
there is no need to worry
try icing that area
also keep your leg elevated on a pillow above the heart level
this will help gravity drain the fluid
rest as much as possible