What does collapsed pregnancy sac in a scan indicate ?

please be honest with me, Im suppose to be 5 weeks pregnant , tuesday i went in as i was in so much pain , scan showed the pregnancy sac had colloposed and they took my bloods it came back 780, I ve got hospital at 4pm to get my bloods repeated, but having the colloposed sac isnt good is it? I m really scared and dont want to go in to be told its a failed pregnancy
Asked On : Sun, 1 Apr 2012
Hi, Welcome to HCM
By Ultrasound scan we can diagnose pregnancy as early as 5 weeks with a intrauterine sac ,which should be regularin outline & fetal pole is definite sign of pregnancy.
Blood report is positive for pregnancy.
Better have a repeat USG after 2 weeks.Do not take stress ,proper rest and diet.
Usuall by single very early scan not label missed abortion.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pradeep G Naik's  Response
Dear lisawyness, welcome to hcm.
Its my honest opinion to consult a gynecologist for the best interpretation of ur condition clinically and radiologically along with some tests if necessary.
thank you. happy time:-)