What do pus cells in urine test indicate ?

my urine exam report says albumin -trace,pus cells 3-4 hpf,epithilial cells 2-3 hpf,calcium oxalate crystals 15-18 hpf
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012
  Anonymous's Response
Welcome to HCM and thank you for entrusting us with your query.

The calcium oxalate crystals suggest that there is a chance of formation of stones in the renal system (i.e. kidneys), or perhaps there were already very tiny stones that are washed down with urine and were too tiny to get entangled along the route. Other than that, the trace albumin, pus cells, etc are quite within the normal range and should not be cause for worry.

At this point, I would advise you to drink a good amount of water everyday, so that any tiny stone gets washed away while still tiny. I would also advise you to develop a habit of emptying your bladder as soon as you fill the urge, i.e. not to hold it for later.

With these habits, I hope that you can have a long life with healthy kidneys.

best of luck