What diet should I follow if I work night shifts?

hello doctor,22,M, im in a job in which i need to to work in nights, i have been working in night shift continuously for over 8 months now, this is disturbing my routine eating timings, i have to miss my morning breakfast, so please help me with some action plan i need to follow with this job and to stay fit
Asked On : Fri, 30 Mar 2012
If you are working nights and do not want to miss breakfast the easiest way is to take two apples and a thermos flask of green tea when you go for the night shift .you can wash a nd eat the apples for breakfast and pour a cup of green tea to finish it.From what you have written I gather that you have no problems with your other meals so I will not comment about them

Dietitian & Nutritionist Neha Chandna's  Response
hi anil...i understand what problem you might be facing in the night shifts.. all you need to do is eat small meals every 2-3 hours from the time you are awake to the time your sleep.. eat your last meals 3 hours before you sleep.. you can have fruits, nuts , chana kurmura, sprouts, egg whites in mid meals..have your lunch and dinner properly like salads, 1-2 rotis, veggies/ grilled non veg.. you can carry milk/ some meal replacement like glucerna-sr with you as a mid night snack.. drink plenty of water... try to sleep enough