What could be the reason of a fluctuating (mainly high) blood pressure?

i took my bp and it was 199/116 a i took it again and it was 177/106 now when i go to the dr he says he don t believe in giving meds for blood pressure but he took it from the right arm it read 145/93 then he took it from the left after standing and it read 149/95 ... when i got home i took it after i rested about 10 minutes again my readings was very high what is a danger point and should i find another doctor and i also would like to no if someone has been told for about 20 yrs or more that you have copd then all at once you have a lung test done and they say you don t have copd stop using your in haler what would you think. please get back on this thank you angel.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Mar 2011