What could be the cause of thick mucus in one with chronic sinusitis and asthma ?

Hi I had a CT scan confirm I have chronic sinusitis and also I have asthma . For over six months now, I noticed when I spit in to a glass water, this constant thick clear phlegm comes out all day long -NON -STOP , thick looking. When I spit in to a glass of water, it appears cloudy and streaks down and settles at the bottom looking cloudy white. Also, the phlegm is thicker in the morning when I wake up. I have been taking predisone , Amoxicillin , doing Nasal Netti pot, and Accupuncture and nothing seems to be curing it. I am wondering if I have candidasis ? At one time my mucus was thick yellow but after taking amoxiciling the sinus infection cleared, but still the thick mucus is coming all day long. Any idea what tests I should have done or what it might be?
Asked On : Tue, 3 Apr 2012