What causes dizziness while running ?

I love running and racing but now I get dizzy just 5 seconds after I started running and my head feels all weird and dizzy. This lasts for 5 seconds and then goes away and I can run normally again. I really want to fix this in order to make it on the running team for our next race. Please help!
Asked On : Sat, 10 Mar 2012
Diabetologist 's  Response
Dear sir

Running causes increased blood flow to the limbs and altered blood flow to the brain.. so decreased blood flow to the brain may cause dizziness ..

Even atherosclerosis may cause the mentioned symptoms.. carotid doppler scans may reveal the arteriolar narrowing..