What causes bump on the inside of the lower lip?

Hi i bit my lower lip on the inside about 3months ago and since then a bumb has appeared it kind of looks like a pimple of some sort i have done some reaserch and people are telling me that it could be a Mucocele but it wont go away. i tryed poping it and some yellowish slimmy stuff came out it kinda looks like mucoes i guess but then after like two days it was back up again, i just want to know what i should do or what it might be please help.
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012
Hi ,
Thanks for writing in.
The condition can be purpura ,ecchymosis,allergic contact dermatitis etc.
A blood work up for platelets and total cell counts would be required .
A visit to your primary care physician will be required for proper diagnosis.
Hope this helps.