What cause of startled baby at the age of 2 months ?

my 2 month old baby wakes up even to the slightest noise- he gets startled all the time, flails his arms and legs. why is that?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Mar 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
It is quite common for this age group children to react agressively like this to any kind of sound
there is nothing to be worried about it

Dr. Manish R. Rijhwani
Homeopath Dr. Rangadhar Satapathy's  Response

greetings from health care magic

Waking of on slightest noise because if the baby is accustomed of sleeping in a very quite atmosphere or if others are very cautious of making any sound at the time baby sleeping it makes a habit of sleeping in calm atmosphere. Any sort of little noise will break her sleep. So in this case my opinion is get a white noise machine. it is is a device that produces a sound that is random in character, which sounds like a rushing waterfall or wind blowing through trees. that will make the baby adjust in the sound of sleeping and will not wake up on slight noise.

Another important factor to find out whether the baby has any pain in any part of body like pain in abdomen, pain in ear etc. Any sort of pain will make the child startle. If the baby has pain in ear he constantly put his hand on ear and go on crying. If there is any pain in abdomen will go on crying. That things can be ruled out after thorough check up with a pediatrics.

Hope this will help

Thank you