What can be an ideal diet plan to increase weight ?

hi iam 21 yr old ,iam thin my weight is 51 kg,ad my height is 5.11 inch,so plz can u tell me how to increse my plz send what diet is to be taken.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jul 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You need to take diet rich in carbohydrates and proteins to build mass. Eat fruits like bananas, chickoos, apples, mangoes which are rich in carbohydrates. Eat more eggs, soya food, nuts, rice. Do graded weight lifting exercise to tone the muscles. Drink plenty of water. Exercise daily by brisk walking for 40 minutes a day.
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
u need to do regular exercise which stretch the body like skipping ,swimming .
do yoga and pranayam
eat high high protein and fiber diet
drink more water
avoid oily and spicy food
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello shrikanth;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The ideal weight for your height of 5'11" is between 65-80 kgs so at 51 you are definitely underweight.First get investigated to rule out any disease like hyperthyroid;tuberculosis if you have which is hampering your increase in weight.If the reports are normal then you can start taking a heavy diet with lots of carbohydrates;and proteins and you will start gaining weight.So you can take egg;chicken meat if you are a non veg and soya protein or even protein powder added to your food if you are a vegetarian.Drink milk;eat green leafy vegetables and all sorts of food you like.You can even consult dietitian and get a diet chart to increase weight.