What are these tooth caps as doctor said & wher do I get it ?

I had a tooth pain last week, I went to a doctor he told me to get the tooth removed, I got the tooth removed. The doctor is now saying that the it is better to use tooth caps. What are these tooth caps, wher do i get it?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Oct 2009
Dentist 's  Response
YES, YOUR DENTIST TOLD U RIGHT SUGGESTION....THE CAP OF MISSING TOOTH CALLD MAKING OF 3 UNIT BRIDGE WITH ADJACENT TEETH...IT HELP YOU TO REPLACE YOUR EXTRACTED TOOTH ,HELP IN CHEWING, MAINTAIN THE ALIGNMENT OF TEETH,INCREASE YOUR AESTHETIC..........HELP TO SMILE BIGGER.....

Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, tooth caps or fixed partial dentures are restorations that replace the missing teeth. In your case it is suggested to replace the missing tooth. They resemble your natural teeth and are fabricated according to the shape, size and colour of your existing natural teeth. The dentist will take an impression of your teeth and make the caps for you. The caps are custom made for every patient. Please follow yoyr dentist's instructions for the same. Take care!
tooth caps are very difficult to use and re use. go for permanent one, though its costly its life long. these caps needed to be changed very frequently. they are only for temproary use.
hey use gold one. you have gold in the neck as well as gold in the mouth. nice it will be.