What are the ways to grow taller ?

Well I was wondering what kind of ways are there to grow taller
Asked On : Fri, 26 Aug 2011

Height is mainly determined by your genes and nutrition. After attaining puberty it is very challenging to increase your height. Some yoga exercises and aerobics are known to increase the growth hormone secretion thus helping in increasing the height. Surgical bone lengthening procedures are the last option.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.

Dr. Praveen Tayal

General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi Juan,
Welcome to HCM.
Height is genetically determined and not much can be done about it.
You can do stretching exercises and walk uprightly, stretching your height to the maximum.
Use Platform shoes (high heeled), wear vertically striped clothing. These measures will make you appear taller but physically will not increase your height.
Surgical procedures are available by which you can lengthen the lower limbs, but are not recommended.
Wish you all the best.
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, you should not take any medicine for growing your hight. it depends on your parents hight, nutritions, n you activity. you should take high protine n calcium riched diet, play more out door games if you are in growing age this trial helps in growing more.