What are the vegetarian food for children?

My daughter is 5 years old she hardly eats any non- veg and is always very fussy when it comes to food. She is otherwise active and good at her school work and all that sort of things. But her appetite is really poor and I am so worried about it. She eats fruits and veggie stuff alright but she does not touch non-veg at all. She makes a face and refuses to eat it at all. She says it makes her feel like vomiting. How will she grow properly and get enough iron and protein? I also read that fish has omeg3 fatty acids that are essential for brain development and that children who don?t eat fish will not be very smart and it is essential for them. What can I do to make her eat non- veg?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Sep 2009
Firstly I would like to say that there is nothing wrong in being a vegetarian. There are always people who disagree and two schools of thought ? some who harp on the benefits of one kind of food over the other. There are others who say you need a good mixed diet. You will be surprised at some of the scientific information about vegetarianism. The ADA- the American deictic association has this to say- vegetarians have a lower risk of 1)Heart disease 2)Colorectal, ovarian, and breast cancers 3)Diabetes 4)Obesity 5)Hypertension (high blood pressure) For your child?s protein requirements make sure she gets a good mixed diet including Good sources of protein include whole grains, lentils, beans, tofu, low-fat dairy products, nuts, seeds and peas. If she eats eggs you can add that as well. About needing non veg to be smarter ? there are so many vegetarians who are so smart that some non vegetarians would love to be half as smart as them- so he jury will still be out on that one. Just make sure your child gets a very good and mixed vegetarian diet and she should be alright.