What are the side effects of masturbation?

Hello, thanks doctor, I want to ask about mastribution. I do it daily 2-3 times. but the problem is I loose my energy all the day and I feel like I can't concentrate well. what are your suggestions? thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 3 Apr 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Masturbation is a natural and common behavior in both men and women. It is often the first sexual activity experienced during the growing up years. Masturbation is not known to have any adverse effects on your health and well-being. In fact, it lets you have sexual pleasure with zero risk of pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases. At times, therapists advise masturbation for people who are experiencing sexual problems, because it helps you understand your sexual responses better.

Excessive masturbation can have some harmful effects:

Possible harms of masturbation

• Can cause abrasions or bruises if done too vigorously
  • Inserting external objects during masturbation may cause injury and infections
  • Spending too much time indulging in masturbation may start hampering a person’s daily activities. If someone misses important tasks or starts spending less time socializing because of it, he is probably getting obsessed with it. He or she may start wasting valuable time and money on procuring pornographic material. One should consciously guard against getting too engrossed in such activities.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome o HCM forum.It is perfectly normal for people to do masturbation.It doesn't cause any illness or any deficiency in the body.You may feel weak but it is more psychological than physical.Bad thing about doing excessive masturbation is wasting your lot of time and wasting your precious mental activity as you are obsessed and preoccupied with sexual thoughts most of your time.That precious time could have been utilized in making your health or doing some construtive work.You also become psychological lazy and think that you have become weak.Do it but decrease your frequency.Excessive masturbation distorts your mental framework rather than causing any physical harm.thanks and good luck.

whenever I mastribute the very next days I suffer from constipation and acidity is this becasue of mastribution or some other reasons.