What are the remedies for cough congestion in children ?

My daughter is 3 years old and she is suffering with cough congestion. She was given alopathic medication by the doctor but after the completion of the medicines she is again getting the cough problem. now please suggest me how can she get rid of this problem.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Mar 2011
thanks for choosing health care magic.Dear Pooja you are concerned like any other mother rightly.but dear this is the season for such kind of problems.By the time child reaches age of 4-5 years this kind of seasonal episodes are common.Give here more of citrus fruits and health diet to eat which will boost her immunity.Try to find out the reason if you can because allergic problems is also high in this season.Avoid giving more of chocolates,cream biscuits,cold drinks and packed snacks which most of children like.Do not worry if problem increase please see your doctor again,for minor aliments please do not start experimenting with her health and start giving things suggested by any one.