What are the health benefits of fasting for 1-3 days ?

what are the health benefits of fasting for 1-3 days? I have fasted before.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Feb 2011
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Benefits of fast depends on what kind of fast you observe. let me know what kind of fast your talking about.are you planning for fast followed by muslims during ramazan or just having fruits the whole day or any other long you intend to keep.just fill in the details and i will try to help.

Homeopath Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response
hello amy.. the only benefit of fasting is that it detoxifies ur body system.. only if during that time u consume lot of juices n fruits.. fasting is good once a week only.. to stay healthy body need proper nuttition everyday.. god bless..
I am talking about a water and fruit juice fast, thanks