What are the hazards of passive smoking ?

hello, my mum smokes 15 cigarettes a day, and i m normally in the same room. will it damage my health, or shorten my lir=fe? I m 13
Asked On : Tue, 13 Mar 2012
Passive smoking is a major health hazard and is named as "second hand smoking".It holds equal health hazard as "active smoking" such as cancers of the lung, stomach, urinary bladder,breast cancer etc. It also leads to respiratory infections and in females has effects on the developing fetus in form of intrauterine growth retardation, premature birth and low birth weight.Smoking also a major risk factor for cardio-vascular diseases.
So do convince your mother to quit smoking.Explain and counsel her about ill-effects of smoking. These days plenty of nicotine gums and medications (Bupripion). She can also consult tobacco cessation consultant who can assist her quit smoking under guidance.
Dentist, Periodontics Dr. Arati C Koregol's  Response
Thanks for the concern
Active and passive smokoing (thats one who inhales the smoke indirectly) is both injurious to help.
It will have more than 50% impact on your respiratory system also. So try convincing your mother to quit smoking as it not good for heart and lungs healyh of hers.
if this is not possible ask your mom to smoke out of your room or you try to go out when she is that you will be spared of those health hazards as you are at your young age.
take care
Hi Dear ,Passive smoking is more Harmful and Injurious to health ,then active smoking.So under these circumstances request your mom to smoke outside the room and if she dont then at least keep yourself out from the room ,when she smokes........................gud luck