What are the guidelines to lower cholesterol ?

I am 43 years old having good health, but when a month ago, I checked my sugar and cholesctrol. My cholesctrol is 260 and sugar is slightly high. I take mutton twice a time in a week. I also take two to three glass milk daily. I also take prautha of desi ghee daily. My activity in the ground relating to sports is nil. I am also taking pilitar tablet after a day for control of cholesctrol. Pls guide me
Asked On : Thu, 14 Apr 2011
Although u know well about foods causes hypercholestremia u r going to consume its continuously. its not fair. first of all You should avoid fatty diet.Physical works to burn extra calory is also necessary. In support of these you can have garlic pulp(2-3).have lukeworm water for drinking.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Dear I think you already what are, your problem areas.Please avoid the food that you are taking written above.Take more of fruits and vegetables,occasionally relaxation is fine but for daily use you should avoid things which are rich in fats,like parathas,sweet,ready made snacks etc.Regular physical activity minimum 30 minutes in a day for six days in a week is must,start gradually and reach this level.bye take care.