What are the exercises to strengthen muscles after T11 back injury ?

I fractured my T11 in January 4 months ago, 50/20 compression on a boat, I wore a brace for 3 months. I wake in the morning with no pain at all, (gravity) I cannot stand for more than 15 - 20 minutes without feeling pain of course the longer I stand the more acute the pain. I am still on 2.5kilo for weight bearing . I have recently started walking on a treadmill at a slow pace for 10 minutes at a time. My questions are what other exercise can I do to strengthen muscles if any or am I being impatient and how long does it usually take to get back to yourself after this type of injury.
Asked On : Fri, 13 May 2011