What are the effects of Rozavel F?

I am 42 years female. My doctor advised me to take Rozavel f. May I know what is the effect of this medicine and what for this medicine is?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Jan 2011
Rozavel F is choleterol lowering medicine and is brand name for combination of two medicines Rosuvastatin and finofibrat. Rosuvastatin reduces total cholesterol, LDL and triglycerides and marginally rises HDL (Good cholesterol). Finofibrate mainly reduces triglycerides.
General & Family Physician Dr. Raju A.T's  Response

Welcome to Healthcaremagic forum,

The above post by Dr Prabhakar ( cardilogist ) is informative and surely have answered your question , I would like to add a little to it by saying the benefits of the medicine expected are that it will prevent the formation of atherosclerotic plaques and reduce the risk of MI ( Heart Attack ) and also help in lowering your BP ( If you are hypertensive ) by reducing the peripheral resistance to the blood in the blood vessels cause by these plaques.

Also observe for the following side effects like Headache, dizziness, constipation, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, myalgia, chest pain, peripheral oedema, depression, insomnia, rash and visit the doctor if any appear.

Thanks for visiting Healthcaremagic.com

Take care , bye

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.