What are the black circles with pain on my aunts thighs ?

My aunt is 50 yrs old, sometimes she gets one or two black circular regions on her thighs which lasts for about 10 days and is accompanied by strong pain and then both dissapear and this happens around once in 5-6 months and she has been suffering this for the last 10 yrs but never consulted a doctor , plz advice , thanks .
Asked On : Sat, 4 Jun 2011
hi welcome,
the black circle of thighs due to bruise only.due to the rupture of subcutaneous vessels blood will come outside and settle beneath the skin.
if it occur without any history of trauma , it may be due to some circulatory system defect or some rheumatoid effect or may be increased pressure inside the vessels
thanking you