What are rbc hgb and hct hemogams ?

my doc says my rbc hgb and hct hemograms are low what are they can you please explain what would make them low im 33 168 lbs 5ft 9 inches i am female
Asked On : Sat, 14 May 2011
Hi ,
Haemoglobin is Haem +globin (iron+protein) and this is the oxygen carrying capacity of red blood cells.If it is low that means you are anaemic.Hct means haematocrit value ,
there are various types of anaemias , most common is microcytic hypochromic or iron deficiency anemia in which size or Rbc is less and colour is less darker.Other measurments are MCV ( Mean corpouscular volume ) , MCH ( mean corposcular haemoglobin ) and MCHC( mean corposcular haemoglobin concentration ).
Leave this thing on your pathologist and lab people.If it low that means you are anaemic ,take lot of green vegetables and iron tablets.