Weirdness in throat after taking a nap, feeling of mucus presence

hi i seem to be having a very odd feeling in my throat . It feels like a suction that lasts maybe a second or two. It happens automatically when I take a nap,(not all the time sometimes) And I can actually make the feeling myself when I inhale with my mouth closed,like when you try to get rid of mucus . again it doesnt appen all the time. it feels like there is mucus in there that wont come out no matter how i much I clear my throat. thank you
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi , in my opinion you have slight congestion in your throat.
If I were your treating doctor I woukd advise to take just a decongestants for 3 to 5 days.
Do hot saline gargle. Avoud cold and oily items.