Weakness in calf, low blood pressure, easily tired. Need help

Weakness in calf, low blood pressure, easily tired.what should be done with me
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Dec 2014

Welcome to HCM

The symptoms may be due to many reasons-
- It may be due to some nutrient deficiency. Low hemoglobin causes anaemia and it may present with weakness in legs and tiredness. Vitamin deficiencies as B complex deficiency may also cause leg weakness. So get your blood investigations done for Hb, and also Vit B12, Folic acid levels. If any of level is low then visit a good physician.
- It may be due to thyroid hormone abnormality. Low thyroid levels may cause weakness, lathery and drowsiness. So get your thyroid function tests done (T3,T4,TSH)
- Leg tiredness may be due to mild depression. Even you don't have any stress still chances of depression may present. So if every investigation comes normal then visit a psychiatrist for evaluation.

Dr.Seikhoo Bishnoi
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query,
The symptoms that you are having are likely to be related to benign causes like electrolyte imbalance,vit D3 and vitamin B 12 deficiency, etc. Most of the times these symptoms can be taken care of by taking electrolyte rich fluids.
Eat a diet rich in fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables, nuts, milk, eggs, pulses and cereals. Drink 1-2 litres of water daily. Do brisk walking exercise for 40 minutes daily. Get 6-8 hours of refreshing sleep daily.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful
You can consult me again directly through my profile
Dr Saurabh Gupta