Weakness, anemia, inflamed pancreas, dehydration, low potassium levels, had IV drips, prescribed folic acid, B1. Can I take potassium supplements?

I am wondering if anemia is ever cured? I was diagnosed with it about three weeks ago. In addition, I had an inflamed pancreas , dehydration and low potassium levels. I was on an iv drip for 4 days, then took pill verison of potassium. Upon discharge, I was told to take folic acid and B-1 (which I have done but I am feeling weak again. Is it safe to take potassium supplements over the counter?
Asked On : Thu, 22 Mar 2012