Watery stools with mucus, shooting pains in stomach and abdomen, weakness and nausea with distended tummy. Treatment?

I have had constant diareahea for months and for the last four weeks it s been really bad, almost like turning on a tap, watery and mucusy and I constantly have stomach pain and discomfort. I ve noticed what looks like black grit, like sand in my poo I m extremely weak and fatigued and always feel nauseated like I m going to be sick but I m not. the discomfort is there all the time and every so often I get really bad shooting pains like I m being stabbed in my abdomen and the last thing is a distended tummy, please can you help?
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012
thank you for asking HCM. I have gone through your query. Your problem is most likely inflammatory bowel disease. A consultation with gastroenterologist and colonoscopy might be needed to confirm the exact diagnosis. It is effectively controlled with mesalazine in cases which I have seen. Corticosteroids, azathioprine and methotrexate are also used in some cases. Antibiotics are rarely used for some cases only. With proper treatment and follow up you will get remission. Associated conditions if any like b12 deficiency anemia should also be treated. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this may help you.
Let me know if you have any further queries.