Water accumulation in right lung. Medication not working. Water color pink. Sign of lung cancer?

Hi, In the right lung of my brother water is accumulated. Doctor (lung Specialist) gave him medication it did not work meaning did not reduce the water. The doctor took out some of the water and the color of the water is kind of pink. The doctor could not diagnose and told him to go to India for treatment. His heart and blood exam is Okay. Could you please tell me there is no sign of lung cancer . Thank You,
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013