Was treated for trichomoniasis. Having the same symptoms. Reoccurring?

I was treated for trichomoniasis 6 months ago (without having had any symptoms) and so was my partner at the time (allegedly). 2 months ago I got back with that partner, and the very next day started experiencing symptoms described online as being trich. My question is, is it more likely that I m experiencing symptoms now and not before because the treatment was unsucceful (in which case why would it have taken so long for symptoms to show up?), or that my partner unsuccessfully/did not get treated originally and re-infected me (in which case why would my symptoms appear within a day and not the usual 5-14?); or is it common for both parties to have unsuccessful treatments (I.e. are their different strains , like a virus, that could be more resilient)?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013