Was pregnant, aborted, have regular period, have mycrobacterium tuberculosis. Explain?

Respected doctor, i was pregnant for 2 times before 7 years and i aborted i have regular periods,but iam not getting,i went to an infertility specialist and i was told that i have pco s and eggs are not being released..after some tests i was even told that have mycrobacterium tuberculosis in my womb like a small spot and natural killer cells are also active...can u please elaborate and explain my issue in detail..can i be pregnant in future??iam really worried..
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
hello ramyana,
i understand what you are going through ,it is very hard to accept for a women that she cant concieve through proper manner but u can concieve so dont loose your heart ,first u should know that you are having mycobacterium tuberculosis in which part of ur body? ,having regular periods dosent means that you are ovulating every month there is menstrual cycles which are regaular but without ovulation,and the next thing which you have talk about is natural killer cells ,these cells actually act as an enemy for your baby because these cells accept your baby as a foriegn body and they try to expell it as soon as possible from your body .so according to my advice u first go for your blood hormonal test then for an ultrasound and ur treatment for tuberculosis .this will definetely help you a lot ,and my good wishes are with you so best of luck and take care.

Infertility Specialist Dr. Radhika Kandula's  Response
Hello Mrs ramyanalluri, You have mentioned two different aspects leading to infertility. PCOS is a condition where there is problem with ovulation that is egg release due to hormonal imbalance. There are methods to correct that problem helping the egg release. You also can help yourselves by regular excercise and maintaining a healthy weight and diet. Another aspect is mycobacterium tuberculosis in the womb. This has to be diagnosed either by a method called TB-PCR (RNA or DNA, DNA being more specific for active tuberculosis) or by histopathology. It is more specific to have histopathological diagnosis. You need to be treated with antitubercular medication for that. But if there is extensive involvement of womb with tuberculosis, chances of conception are poor. Extensive involvement may lead to abnormality in your periods as well. Regarding natural killer cells- where are they found? in the blood or in the womb? If it is in the womb- not to worry as they are required for proper implantation of pregnancy. They are a type of cells which are part of our immune system. If there is tuberculosis in the tubes, chances of spontaneous conception are poor, where you might need assisted methods for conception.
If both these issues are resolved you can hope for a conception.
Dr Radhika kandula
MBBS,DNB(OBG)FNB(Reproductive medicine)