Was diagnosed with yeast infection. Had itching. Why is clitoris swollen and sore?

Hi, I recently was diagnosed with a yeast infection , my first. When going to the doctor the only discomfort I was experiencing was vaginal itching. The doctor gave me diflucan 150 two days ago. Now Two days layers it seems that my situation has indeed worsened. My clitoris is swollen and EXTREMELY sore. It Hurts to urinate,let alone wipe. It burns. I now also am passing yellow discharge , in which I wasn t two days ago prior to taking the diflucan. I ve been tested for Std s and the only result was a YI. Why have my symptoms gotten worse after the diflucan? When will they get better? Should I go back to the doctor ASAP? I m very uncomfortable. PLEASE help
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012