Warts in pubic area, swelling, pain, infection. Used anti bacterial. What is going on?

I had warts in my pubic area and around testicles. Two days ago , I applies acid treatment (bought on Ebay, stupid I know) , and now, although warts are being falling down, I have injuries where I applied acids, yeserday I applied antibacterial ointment, then I read that ist better to leave would line this. Pain has reduced dramatically and swelling as well.
My question is, should i get back to put antibacterial ointment or not? how can I avoid infection there since its covered , area and kind of damp due to that liquid from injuries (which is not pus).?
how can I fasten the healing process, how much time would it take?
Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013