Vomiting episodes, vomiting acid and mucus, dark stools, stomach pain around solar plexus. Cure?

My husband has been vomiting several times a day for the past 2 days. He vomits nothing but acid and mucous. He s had a bit of chicken soup and crackers in between, which seems to digest OK since when he later vomits, it s just acid/mucous. His stool this morning was dark (not black), which he says is unusual. Also, his stomach is very noisy and it sometimes it hurts around the solar plexus. He says it s almost like when you feel a big bubble/blockage of air in your chest .
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012