Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.
Your husband's symptoms are suggestive of an acid peptic disease
/ peptic ulcers. This can typically cause pain and discomfort just below the chest bone, vomiting
and sometimes, bleeding from the ulcers can cause dark-coloured stools. I would advise him to have a proper medical evaluation, which may include an endoscopy
, to determine the severity and extent of the peptic ulcers.
I would also advise him to follow dietary and lifestyle modifications, in order to control this problem:
1) Avoid foods that cause gastric irritation like spicy foods, coffee, tea, carbonated drinks, etc. Smoking
and alcohol are also gastric irritants.
2) Eat at regular intervals and avoid delaying meals.
3) Increase the fibre content in your diet - take more of vegetables and fruits.
4) Avoid eating outside; especially avoid all kinds of junk food and fast foods.
5) Try to have a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise and proper sleep habits.
5) Try to avoid stress and try relaxation methods like deep breathing, meditation
Dr. Sheeba Stephen