Vision lost due to RP, attacked with fits. Unable to walk, talk, body shivering. Reason?

patient age 16 years, He lost his vision due to RP at the age of 7 years. He attacked with fits at 12th year onwards we are useing valparin 200 mg with zeptol cr 200 mg daily 1000 mg. now he is not comfortble while walking, and he is not able to talking like earlier. His body also shivering . what is the reason ? my mail id is YYYY@YYYY plese clarify what is his problem
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013
all anti epileptics are known to cause a condition called Ataxia,in this condition patient feels unsteadiness ,unable to walk and balance.i suggest u get serum levels of medicines and get them changed or reduce the dose if levels are high.