Very weak legs, tired, shivering, panting while walking. Tests done and on medication (Iron and Vitamin C). Assistance?

Hi Dr. Stephen, My hemogobin level is 09.90 g/dl and the Blood report indicates the following too. HCT [PCV] 29.00 % MCV 80.56 fl MCH 27.50 pg I am asked to take Iron casules [Ferup] 3 per day with Vitamin C for one month. What I experience now is lifeless feeling of legs some times apart from getting tired very quickly and start panting when climbing stairs and when walking even very slowly. I am 50 years old and I had periods last Augest 2012, very little. Before Aug. 2012, I had periods in Aug. 2011. I feel that I am coming into menopose. So, Dr. Stephen, what is the reason of lifeless and shivering feeling of my legs; only the calves ? Appreciate your prompt reply Thanks Anieta
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013