Veins below tongue, left one red, painful, white attachment, right one normal, painless. Causes and treatment?

Hello Dr. I learned this morning of a strange thing on the bottom of my tongue . It was those two vein/line objects on the bottom of my tongue, and they had been disconnected! the one on the left was very red and painful and also had a strange white thing hanging off the end. The right one was fine and painless, the same color as my tongue. I tried picking at the white thing but it stretched the left vein! And really hurts right now! please help doc!
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012
Dentist 's  Response
Have you taken anything extremely hard to chew in your diet recently?
Anyways a good mouthwash with some analgesics and an antibiotic (augmentin ) will definately help .dose will depend on age and weight.